I made this Christmas eve for 20. I had 2 - 8.5 tenderloins trimmed and it was excellent !!! I tied the 2 pieces of meat which helped it fit in 1 roasting pan. I also did double the sauce which took for ever to reduce. I did make the sauce the day before. I had a Baked potato bar ...To ease my stress and even had some meat leftover. My family loved it !!!!
Peppered Beef Tenderloin With Portobello-Marsala Sauce
More From Southern Living
Broil: 15 Minutes
Bake: 35 Minutes
Stand: 40 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (4-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- Portobello-Marsala Sauce
- Garnishes: fresh thyme sprigs, roasted garlic bulbs
- Combine first 5 ingredients; pat mixture evenly over beef. Cover and stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Broil 6 inches from heat 15 minutes on a lightly greased rack in a roasting pan; reduce oven temperature to 375°, and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140° or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with Portobello-Marsala Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Ask your butcher to trim the tenderloin, or do it yourself. Use a sharp, thin knife to cut away the top layer of fat and the thin (about 2-inch-wide) membrane called silver skin.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note