Peppercorn Pork Roast
Yield: 10 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 (4 1/2-pound) rolled boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider, divided
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh herb sprigs
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat; add roast, and brown on all sides. Place in a roasting pan, and cool slightly.
- Combine mustard seeds and next 3 ingredients in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal. Crush spices with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine crushed spices, 2 tablespoons flour, and next 3 ingredients; stir in 1/4 cup butter and 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard. Spread on top and sides of roast.
- Bake at 475° for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 325°. Loosely cover with aluminum foil, and bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 160°. Remove roast from pan, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings; keep warm.
- Combine reserved drippings, 1 tablespoon flour, 2 tablespoons apple cider, cider vinegar, and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard; set aside.
- Bring remaining apple cider to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat; boil 8 minutes or until reduced to 3/4 cup. Stir in brandy; boil 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour mixture, salt, and pepper; cook over medium-high heat until thickened. Serve with roast. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes