- 1 (2 1/2-pound) lean, boneless pork loin roast
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon low-fat buttermilk
- 2 cups soft whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons whole assorted peppercorns, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
- calories 213
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 9.3 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 24.8 g
- carbohydrate 6.4 g
- fiber 0.8 g
- cholesterol 68 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 323 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325°.
Trim fat from roast. Combine mustard and buttermilk. Spread mustard mixture over roast.
Combine breadcrumbs and next 4 ingredients; press breadcrumb mixture evenly onto roast. Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Insert a meat thermometer into thickest part of roast, if desired. Bake at 325° for 2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.