- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 (10-ounce) New York strip steaks (about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
Rub steaks on both sides with remaining 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Grill steaks, covered, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Top each steak with a dollop of seasoned butter.