Peppercorn Beef With Gorgonzola Cheese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Four 5 ounce beef tenderloin steaks, about 2 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teasopoon sugar
- 1/4 pound Gorgonzola cheese, cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Generously season the tenderloin steaks with salt and pat the crushed peppercorns all over them. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the steaks and cook them over moderately hight heat until they are browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the steaks to a rimmed baking sheet and roast them in the oven for about 12 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of 1 of the steaks registers 130 degrees for medium-rare meat.
- Meanwhile, wipe out the skillet with a paper towel. Add the balsamic vinegar and the sugar and boil over high heat until the vinegar is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 3 minutes. Top the tenderloin steaks with the Gorgonzola cheese and roast them for 2 minutes longer, or until the Gorgonzola is just melted. Transfer the tenderloin steaks to plates, drizzle them all over with the balsamic reduction and serve right away.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Tammyrf and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peppercorn Beef With Gorgonzola Cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes