Absolutely delicious and relatively easy to prepare; no grilling required, which we needed for this occasion. Received over-the-top rave reviews from our dinner guests! Our tenderloin may have been thicker than the recipe, as we had to cook them longer than the recipe stated. A huge hit!
Pepper-Seared Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Cream Sauce
- 4 (6-ounce) beef tenderloin fillets
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle fillets evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt; press cracked pepper into all sides of fillets.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat; add beef, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until beef is desired degree of doneness.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and ground pepper until blended; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Add cream, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in horseradish and mustard. Drizzle over fillets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note