Absolutely delicious and relatively easy to prepare; no grilling required, which we needed for this occasion. Received over-the-top rave reviews from our dinner guests! Our tenderloin may have been thicker than the recipe, as we had to cook them longer than the recipe stated. A huge hit!
Pepper-Seared Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Cream Sauce
- 4 (6-ounce) beef tenderloin fillets
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle fillets evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt; press cracked pepper into all sides of fillets.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat; add beef, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until beef is desired degree of doneness.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and ground pepper until blended; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Add cream, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in horseradish and mustard. Drizzle over fillets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This