We loved this too! What a delicious twist on a traditional favorite! The only pepper relish we could find was Ragin' Cajun Fixin's Spicy Sweet Jalapeno Relish. It's become a staple in the house now and the meatloaves recipe added to favorites.
Pepper Relish Mini Meatloaves
Photo: Melina Hammer; Styling: Buffy Hargett
- 1/2 cup soft, fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup spicy-hot vegetable juice
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup minced sweet onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3/4 pounds ground round
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup hot pepper relish, divided
- Garnish: fresh basil
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Stir together first 3 ingredients; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, sauté onion in hot oil in a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or just until tender.
- 3. Stir together bread mixture, onion, ground beef, next 5 ingredients, and 2 Tbsp. relish just until blended.
- 4. Shape into 8 loaves (about 1/2 cup each); place in cups of a lightly greased 8-cup mini loaf pan. (Each cup will be about 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches. Or arrange on a lightly greased wire rack in a foil-lined jelly-roll pan.)
- 5. Bake at 450° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 155°, brushing with 1/3 cup relish during last 10 minutes of baking. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Serve with remaining relish.
- Note: We tested with Howard's Hot Pepper Relish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note