Chinese Black Pepper Pork and Spinach Salad
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Robyn Valarik
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 428
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 43g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Sodium: 790mg
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce*
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boned pork loin chops (about 4)
- 1 large red onion, cut into thick slices
- 1/3 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces (2 qts.) baby spinach leaves
- 8 ounces (1 qt.) bean sprouts
- 1 cup sliced Japanese or English cucumber
- 1. Heat a grill to high (450° to 550°). Mix oyster sauce, oil, pepper, and garlic in a large bowl. Brush 3 tbsp. oyster sauce mixture over pork and 2 tbsp. over onion. Set remaining sauce mixture aside.
- 2. Oil cooking grate with a wad of paper towels, using tongs. Grill onion and pork, turning once, until grill marks appear, 6 to 8 minutes total for onion and 8 to 10 minutes total for pork. Let rest about 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, stir vinegar and sugar into remaining oyster sauce mixture. Add spinach, sprouts, and cucumber, tossing to coat.
- 4. Divide salad among plates. Thinly slice pork across the grain and arrange over salads. Separate onion slices into rings and lay on pork slices. Drizzle pork with any remaining juices and dressing.
- *Find in the Asian foods aisle.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes