Pepper Jelly-Pecan Rugelach
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-oz.) jar red pepper jelly
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- Parchment paper
- 1. Pulse first 4 ingredients in a food processor 3 or 4 times or until dough forms a ball and leaves sides of bowl. Divide dough into 8 portions, shaping each into a ball. Wrap each separately in plastic wrap; chill 1 to 24 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. Cook pepper jelly in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or just until melted.
- 3. Roll 1 dough ball into an 8-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Brush dough with 1 to 2 Tbsp. melted jelly; sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. pecans. Cut circle into 8 wedges, and roll up wedges, starting at wide end, to form a crescent shape. Place, point sides down, on a lightly greased parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining dough balls, pepper jelly, and pecans.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks. Cool completely (30 minutes).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note