Pepper Jelly-Pecan Rugelach
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-oz.) jar red pepper jelly
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- Parchment paper
- 1. Pulse first 4 ingredients in a food processor 3 or 4 times or until dough forms a ball and leaves sides of bowl. Divide dough into 8 portions, shaping each into a ball. Wrap each separately in plastic wrap; chill 1 to 24 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. Cook pepper jelly in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or just until melted.
- 3. Roll 1 dough ball into an 8-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Brush dough with 1 to 2 Tbsp. melted jelly; sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. pecans. Cut circle into 8 wedges, and roll up wedges, starting at wide end, to form a crescent shape. Place, point sides down, on a lightly greased parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining dough balls, pepper jelly, and pecans.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks. Cool completely (30 minutes).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers