These were really good. Took a little longer than expected to cook down the sauce to a glaze. I used "baby cut" carrots and did not quarter them.
Pepper Jelly-Glazed Carrots
Even the most finicky of eaters will love the savory-sweet flavor of Pepper Jelly-Glazed Carrots. To add a bit more punch to this side dish, use hot jalapeno pepper jelly.
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 1 (32-oz.) package carrots, halved crosswise
- 1 (10 1/2-oz.) can condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2-oz.) jar red pepper jelly*
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1. Cut carrot halves lengthwise into quarters. Bring carrots and chicken broth to a boil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender and broth is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- 2. Stir in pepper jelly and butter, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and carrots are glazed. Transfer to a serving dish, using a slotted spoon. Pour half of pan juices over carrots; discard remaining pan juices.
- *1 (10 1/2-oz.) jar hot jalapeño pepper jelly may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note