Great dish. Can make ahead and take to parties. Everyone asks for the recipe.
Pepper Jelly-Glazed Carrots
"In Texas, everyone has some type of pepper jelly on hand. It's a great way to add an extra boost of flavor to vegetables and sauces," says Test Kitchens professional Vanessa McNeil.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 (2-pound) package baby carrots
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) jar red pepper jelly
- Combine carrots and chicken broth in a skillet over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, and cook, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender and broth is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Stir in butter and red pepper jelly, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened and glazes carrots.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note