A little sweet and a little spicy, homemade pepper jelly is the perfect glaze for meat, especially pork. This recipe is easy, just make sure it has time to set.
This recipe goes with Roast Pork Tenderloin with Pepper Jelly Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño peppers, with seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, strain through a wire-mesh strainer, and set aside.
- 2. Place 1 cup strained liquid in refrigerator to cool. When cool, sprinkle gelatin over liquid; stir and let stand one minute. Add gelatin mixture to remaining liquid and whisk until blended and dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Transfer mixture to a storage container, and chill until jelly is set, 4 hours or overnight.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note