- 1 pound uncooked cellentani (corkscrew) pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 (12-oz.) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups 1.5% reduced-fat pepper Jack cheese
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided (optional)
- 1 (8-oz.) package chopped smoked ham
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- calories 456
- fat 11.7 g
- satfat 6.6 g
- monofat 1.2 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 26.6 g
- carbohydrate 59.9 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- cholesterol 44 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 883 mg
- calcium 270 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare cellentani pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and evaporated milk until smooth; cook, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Whisk in cheeses, salt, and, if desired, 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper until smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in ham and pasta.
Pour pasta mixture into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Stir together crushed cereal, green chiles, 1 Tbsp. melted butter, and, if desired, remaining 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper; sprinkle over pasta mixture.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Note: We tested with Barilla Cellentani pasta.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving, baked with topping.