Loved this! Teenage boy finished first serving then headed back to kitchen to prepare his second rather than wait for the cook to finish eating! Perfect recipe for delicious summer peaches. Used chicken breast that had been marinated in Kraft Zesty Italian dressing and barbecued the night before. Left-over chicken worked perfectly.
Pepper Jack, Chicken, and Peach Quesadillas
Give average chicken quesadillas new life with sweet peaches and spicy cheese. For the kids, try fontina or Monterey Jack instead.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 quesadilla and 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 364
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturated fat: 7.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 21.3g
- Carbohydrate: 33.5g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 485mg
- Calcium: 235mg
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeÃ±o peppers
- 1 cup chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled firm ripe peaches
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine honey and lime juice in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Stir sour cream into honey mixture; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 2. Place tortillas flat on a work surface. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese over half of each tortilla; top each tortilla with 1/4 cup chicken, 1/4 cup peaches, and 1 teaspoon cilantro. Fold tortillas in half.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in the pan, and top quesadillas with a cast-iron or other heavy skillet. Cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until tortillas are crisp and lightly browned (leave cast-iron skillet on quesadillas as they cook). Remove quesadillas from pan; set aside, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with the remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into wedges. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes