Pepper-crusted Pork Tenderloin with Strawberry-Balsamic Sauce
Fresh strawberries star in this savory entree of Pepper-crusted Pork Tenderloin with Strawberry-Balsamic Sauce. We love the Strawberry-Balsamic Sauce over the grilled pork but turn the sauce into a staple by serving it over main dish salads and other grilled meats.
More From Coastal Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 2 (1- to 1 1/2-pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces strawberries, hulled and chopped
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°) or grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork evenly with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Grill pork, covered, turning once, 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat registers 145°. Cover pork loosely with aluminum foil; let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken stock and next 3 ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring until sugar dissolves. Stir in strawberries, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until berries soften and mixture thickens slightly. Spoon sauce over sliced pork and rice, if desired. Sprinkle with green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note