Pepper-Crusted Filet Mignon with Horseradish Cream
Horseradish and sour cream make a cooling yet spicy sauce for the peppery steaks.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 steak and 2 tablespoons horseradish cream)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 231
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 25.2g
- Carbohydrate: 5.6g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 684mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 2 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add steaks; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle steaks evenly with garlic; cook 1 minute on each side over medium-low heat.
- Combine sour cream and horseradish; serve with steaks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note