- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium-size bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped deli-roasted chicken
- 1 (15 1/2-oz.) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (7.5-oz.) package sliced sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
How to Make It
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Combine garlic and next 5 ingredients. Reserve 3 Tbsp. garlic mixture. Pour remaining garlic mixture into a large shallow dish; add peppers, turning to coat. Cover and chill 15 minutes, turning once. Remove peppers from marinade, reserving marinade for basting.
Grill peppers, covered with grill lid, 8 to 10 minutes or until peppers blister and are tender, turning occasionally and basting with marinade.
Preheat broiler with oven rack 4 inches from heat. Combine chicken and peas with reserved 3 Tbsp. garlic mixture. Place peppers in a single layer on a lightly greased rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan. Quarter cheese slices. Top each pepper with chicken mixture and one cheese quarter.
Broil 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve immediately.