Pepita-Roasted Tomatillo Dip
This smooth, rich texture comes from puréed tomatillos, not cream. Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes. Notes: Make up to 1 day ahead.
Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 36
- Calories from fat: 86%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 1.3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 49mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 fresh tomatillos (about 6 oz. total), husks removed
- 1/2 cup shelled raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Put tomatillos in a small pan and broil 4 to 6 in. from heat, turning once, until skins are lightly charred, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 2. In a small, heavy skillet over medium heat, toast pumpkin seeds until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 3. In a blender or food processor, whirl tomatillos, pumpkin seeds, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro, and salt until combined but still slightly chunky. Scrape into a small bowl or gourd; add more salt to taste. Serve with chips.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pepita-Roasted Tomatillo Dip Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This