- 3 fresh tomatillos (about 6 oz. total), husks removed
- 1/2 cup shelled raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- calories 36
- caloriesfromfat 86 %
- protein 0.3 g
- fat 3.4 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- carbohydrate 1.3 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- sodium 49 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Put tomatillos in a small pan and broil 4 to 6 in. from heat, turning once, until skins are lightly charred, 5 to 8 minutes.
In a small, heavy skillet over medium heat, toast pumpkin seeds until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
In a blender or food processor, whirl tomatillos, pumpkin seeds, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro, and salt until combined but still slightly chunky. Scrape into a small bowl or gourd; add more salt to taste. Serve with chips.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per tablespoon.