Peperonata Pasta Salad
Use a mix of colored bell peppers to make this light pasta salad stand out. Red, yellow, and green peppers are just the beginning. Make a quick trip to your local farmers' market and discover more exotic purple, white, and multicolored varieties. Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 8 large bell peppers (red, yellow, and green), cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 pound gemelli pasta
- 4 cups loosely packed spinach or arugula, washed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup crumbled chèvre or feta
- 1. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and next 5 ingredients, and saute 5 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until bell pepper is slightly wilted. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, reserving liquid in pan.
- 2. Add garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Add vinegar, reduce by half, and pour over bell pepper and onion. Add capers, and stir.
- 3. Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse, drain, and toss with remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Toss pasta with peppers and remaining ingredients. Serve at room temperature, or chill up to 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This