OMG THIS WAS AMAZAYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not
People Puppy Chow
Not sure exact quantity but makes a lot!! Great for gift giving, especially at Christmas. A family favorite :)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) butter
- 24 ounce(s) chocolate chips, semisweet
- 24 ounce(s) chocolate chips, milk
- 4 cup(s) peanut butter, smooth
- 4 box(es) Crispix cereal, large box
- 8 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 4 large PAPER grocery bags
- COMBINE first 4 ingredients in a med-large pot.
- MELT on stovetop over low-med. heat , stirring the entire time to prevent burning.
- REMOVE from heat and let COOL for a few minutes only.
- WORKING IN BATCHES OF FOURTHS:
- IN AN EXTRA LARGE BOWL, put a very small puddle of melted chocolate into the bowl first before adding cereal to help distribute chocolate better.
- POUR 1 box of Crispix cereal into bowl over chocolate and then pour 1/4 of the melted chocolate over the cereal.
- STIR cereal lightly with chocolate mixture until completely coated.( DO NOT PANIC if cereal breaks apart. Most of the broken pieces will clump together to make yummy morsels once dusted with powder sugar.)
- LET COOL for 2-3 mins.
- NOTE: Do the following outside b/c this is messy and powder sugar gets everywhere!!
- MEANTIME , put 2 cups of powder sugar into a large PAPER grocery bag.
- POUR chocolate coated cereal into the bag.
- SHAKE to coat with sugar.
- DUMP contents of bag into a colander, that is placed in the sink, and shake again to remove excess powder sugar. ( This step optional but my family likes that I do this)
- STORE in a large tupperware container. Stays fresh for weeks.
- REPEAT THE PROCESS until all the chocolate and cereal is gone.
- ENJOY :))))
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Dixie1dog and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note