Very good! So easy, crusty bread and a salad and your done.
Penne With Vodka
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound uncooked penne or ziti pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup vodka*
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Melt butter with oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes. Add red pepper. Remove from heat; stir in vodka. Return to heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- 3. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, and basil; simmer 5 minutes.
- 4. Stir in cream and salt; simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in pasta; cook 2 more minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper, and toss. Serve immediately.
- *Chicken broth may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes