Penne with Sweet Peas and Prosciutto
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 541
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Fiber: 10g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain thoroughly and return to pot. Toss pasta with oil to prevent sticking.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until it's translucent, 5 minutes. Add prosciutto and cook for 2 minutes. Add peas and cook for 3 minutes.
- Toss mixture with pasta in pot, along with remaining 5 Tbsp. butter, Parmesan, salt, pepper and lemon peel. Heat through.
- Serve pasta with more cheese if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This