- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- calories 541
- fat 24 g
- satfat 13 g
- protein 25 g
- carbohydrate 54 g
- fiber 10 g
- cholesterol 55 mg
- sodium 1 mg
How to Make It
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain thoroughly and return to pot. Toss pasta with oil to prevent sticking.
While pasta is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until it's translucent, 5 minutes. Add prosciutto and cook for 2 minutes. Add peas and cook for 3 minutes.
Toss mixture with pasta in pot, along with remaining 5 Tbsp. butter, Parmesan, salt, pepper and lemon peel. Heat through.
Serve pasta with more cheese if desired.