Penne with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) penne pasta
- 8.5 ounce(s) jar sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup(s) packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup(s) grated parmesan
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan.
- Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by margow2108 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Penne with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes