This was really easy to make- I added yellow squash, asparagus and grilled chicken to the recipe and it gave it an extra kick. I also added crushed red pepper to give it a little zing. I guess I just used this recipe as the base, but it turned out nicely.
Penne With Sautéed Zucchini and Parmesan
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 11 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 307
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 248mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup shaved fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped bottled roasted red bell pepper
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add penne, and cook 7-9 minutes or until al dente. Drain penne, reserving 2 tablespoons of the pasta water.
- 2. While pasta cooks, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the zucchini, and sauté over medium heat another 3 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Then season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- 3. Add penne and reserved pasta water to the zucchini in the skillet; toss to combine.
- 4. Remove from heat and transfer to large serving bowl. Add 2 tablespoons Parmesan and toss gently to combine all ingredients. Serve garnished with the roasted red bell peppers and the remaining 2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes