Penne with Sausage, Peppers, and Tomatoes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups pasta and 1 tablespoon cheese)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 298
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 18.9g
- Carbohydrate: 38.9g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 627mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Calcium: 99mg
- 6 ounces penne (tubular pasta), uncooked
- Cooking spray
- 8 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 2 sausages)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add sausage, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until browned, stirring often; drain well. Set sausage aside. Wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel.
- Coat pan with cooking spray; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add sausage and tomato. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until most of liquid is evaporated. Stir in roasted bell peppers and ground black pepper. Remove from heat.
- Place pasta in a large bowl; add sausage mixture, and toss. Spoon evenly onto serving plates, and sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes