I thought this was a quick, solid recipe. I served it with broccoli. My family enjoyed it and I would make it again during the week.
Penne with Sausage, Eggplant, and Feta
Meaty breakfast sausage, earthy eggplant, and zesty feta complement each other in this hearty pasta dish.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 535
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 18.9g
- Saturated fat: 7.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 25.5g
- Carbohydrate: 67.5g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 884mg
- Calcium: 141mg
- 4 1/2 cups cubed peeled eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 pound bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups hot cooked penne (about 10 ounces uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook eggplant, sausage, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until sausage is browned and eggplant is tender. Add tomato paste and the next 3 ingredients (through tomatoes); cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Add tomato mixture, cheese, and parsley; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes