Penne with Pistachios, Asparagus, and Cream (2)
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup pistachio nut
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon jalepenochili pepper flakes or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 lb dry penne pasta
- 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 Toast the nuts on a baking sheet for 5-7 minutes; cool, chop and set aside.
- 3 Cook the asparagus in a stock pot in boiling salted water, uncovered, over medium high heat until tender, about 3 m inutes.
- 4 Remove asapargus saving the water so the pasta can be prepared in the same pot.
- 5 Saute garlic in butter in a saute pan over medium high heat, pressing the garlic with a wooden spoon to release its flavor. When the edges start to brown, remove and discard garlic.
- 6 Add the asparagus and ground pepper.
- 7 Increase the heat to high and pour in the wine, stirring for about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium.
- 8 Pour the half and half over asparagus mixture and simmer about 2 minutes. Season with salt; and jalepeno pepper flakes. Keep warm while boiling the pasta.
- 9 Prepare penne according to directions (in asparagus water.)Drain and return to pot.
- 10 Combine asparagus sauce with pasta, stirring over low heat.
- 11 Add cheese, stirring until it melts; transfer to a platter.
- 12 Garnish with pistachio nuts and serve immediately.
- Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/penne-with-pistachios-asparagus-and-cream-190576#ixzz1QWM5z5vK
- Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/penne-with-pistachios-asparagus-and-cream-190576#ixzz1QWLr7nla
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Penne with Pistachios, Asparagus, and Cream (2) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes