Penne with Pancetta and Tomato-Cream Sauce
GREAT!!!! Tastes like it was from an excellent trattoria, not my kitchen :) Serve with a good, spicy, dry white wine.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped pancetta or bacon (3 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic finely chopped
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans petite diced tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) whipping cream
- 3/4 cup(s) torn basil leaves, divided
- 1 pound(s) penne pasta
- Cook pancetta in large skillet over medium-low heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to paper towels to drain. Add olive oil and garlic to pancetta drippings and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes with juices, wine, and cream. Bring sauce to boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup basil. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta and divide among 4 plates. Spoon sauce over pasta. Sprinkle pasta with pancetta and remaining 1/4 cup basil and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandofan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Penne with Pancetta and Tomato-Cream Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes