Penne with Oyster Mushrooms, Prosciutto, and Mint
Quick, delicious, and crowd-pleasing, this pasta dish is great for weeknights. Prep and Cook Time: 40 minutes. Notes: Substitute button or cremini mushrooms for the oyster mushrooms.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 540
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 25g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 7.2g
- Carbohydrate: 65g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Sodium: 1169mg
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 pound penne
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound oyster mushrooms, sliced, tough stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese, preferably Italian
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 2 slices prosciutto, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add 1 tbsp. salt and penne. Cook until barely tender to the bite. Drain; set aside.
- 2. In the same pot, heat olive oil over high heat. Add mushrooms and remaining tsp. salt and cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms stop giving off liquid and start to brown, about 10 minutes. Turn heat to medium-high and add garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and penne and cook until broth is absorbed. Stir in cheese until melted and coating the pasta. Take off heat and stir in mint. Serve immediately, topped with prosciutto and pepper.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes