Penne with Mushrooms and Asparagus
Vary this recipe by adding chicken or lean steak for a protein-packed pasta dish.
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 339
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 14.3g
- Carbohydrate: 57.6g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 3.0mg
- Sodium: 626mg
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Calcium: 148mg
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (3.2-ounce) package shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, shallots, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes
- Add broth, asparagus, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Combine pasta and asparagus mixture; sprinkle with cheese and basil, tossing well. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note