Very delicious dinner in a short amount of time and so easy! Used mixture of 1/2 and 1/2 plus 1% milk instead of cream and increased Parmesan cheese slightly...wonderful! Whole family loved it.
Penne with Ham and Asparagus
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 457
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Sodium: 349mg
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, tough ends snapped off, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 yellow squash, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (12 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound penne
- 1 cup frozen peas (4 oz.)
- 1/4 pound sliced ham, cut into thin strips (1 cup loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine asparagus and squash in a large baking dish. Add oil and season well with salt and pepper. Toss to coat vegetables. Roast, stirring vegetables occasionally, until lightly browned and softened, about 30 minutes.
- Cook penne according to package directions. Add peas to pasta cooking water about 5 minutes before pasta will be done. Drain pasta and peas in a colander.
- Return pasta and peas to pot. Stir in ham and cream. Cover pot and set aside until pasta has absorbed some cream and ham is warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in roasted asparagus and squash. Season with salt and pepper and serve with Parmesan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables