Penne with Halibut, Zucchini, and Mint
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 480
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 399mg
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (8 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, rinsed and chopped
- About 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces dried penne pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds boned, skinned halibut pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup slivered fresh mint leaves
- 1. Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and stir often until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add zucchini and 1 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is soft and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes longer.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 5- to 6-quart pan, bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Add penne and cook until tender to bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- 3. Coat halibut with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper. Place in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes total. Pour in wine, reduce heat to maintain a simmer, and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes longer. Break halibut into flakes.
- 4. Stir lemon peel into zucchini mixture. In a large bowl, combine pasta and zucchini mixture. Add flaked halibut and liquid in pan and sprinkle with all but 2 tablespoons mint; mix to coat pasta. Sprinkle with remaining mint.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This