- 1 (1-pound) eggplant
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces skinned, boned chicken breast tenders
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 pound penne (short tubular pasta), uncooked
- 1 cup seeded, diced tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large pitted ripe olives, chopped
- calories 380
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- fat 5.7 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- monofat 2.4 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 19.2 g
- carbohydrate 61 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 23 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 285 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cut eggplant lengthwise into 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices; place in an 11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish. Combine vinegar and 2 tablespoons broth; pour over eggplant. Cover and let stand 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove eggplant slices from marinade, discarding any remaining marinade.
Combine chili and garlic powders in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag, and shake until chicken is well coated.
Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°). Place chicken on rack; grill, covered, 3 minutes on each side. Place eggplant on rack; grill, covered, 2 minutes on each side. Cut chicken and eggplant into 1-inch pieces.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
Combine pasta, eggplant, chicken, tomato, and remaining ingredients; toss well.