This turned out well. Was a little dry to me and possibly would need a tiny bit more olive oil. Also I should have wilted the chard more and also chopped it smaller. My husband doubted he would like it but by the third helping it grew on him. I will make this again.
Penne With Greens
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 13 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups pasta mixture, 2 tablespoons cheese)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 412
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 655mg
- Calcium: 129mg
- 8 ounces whole-wheat penne
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 1–2 teaspoons minced jalapeño pepper or serrano chile
- 1 bunch trimmed Swiss chard, chopped (about 12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 7–8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2. While pasta is cooking, toast pine nuts in a large skillet over medium-high heat, tossing frequently, until toasted, about 3 minutes. Remove pine nuts and set aside.
- 3. Heat olive oil and garlic in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Tilt the skillet so the oil pools in 1 corner, hold over heat, and cook garlic until lightly browned. Add the jalapeño pepper and greens, and toss until greens are wilted, about 2 minutes. Add raisins, pine nuts, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add pasta to the skillet and toss another minute or until pasta is fully cooked and has absorbed the liquid from the greens. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with feta. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes