My family thoroughly enjoyed this recipe.
Penne With Greek-Style Tomato Sauce
It's okay to skip seeding the tomatoes-- just be aware that the watery substance surrounding the seeds may dilute the flavors in the sauce. For a speedy seeding method, see the how-to photo on page 203.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 6 tomatoes (about 2 pounds), seeded and chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (3.8-ounce) can sliced ripe black olives, drained
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 (4-ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled into large pieces and divided
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- Place first 4 ingredients and half of crumbled feta cheese in a large bowl. Whisk together olive oil and next 7 ingredients. Pour over tomato mixture; stir to coat. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a large Dutch oven; drain. Return pasta to Dutch oven. Pour tomato mixture over hot cooked pasta, and toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining half of crumbled feta cheese.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note