Penne with Five Cheeses
Kosher salt 1/4 cup crumbled Italian Gorgonzola (1 1/2 ounces) 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped 1 pound imported penne rigate pasta 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Kosher salt
- 2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 cup(s) crushed tomatoes in thick tomato puree
- 1/2 cup(s) freshly grated Pecorino Romano 1 1/2 oz.
- 1/4 cup(s) crumbled Italian Gorgonzola 1 1/2 oz.
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded imported Italian fontina 1 1/2 oz.
- 2 tablespoon(s) ricotta cheese
- 1/4 pound(s) fresh mozzarella sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 pound(s) penne rigate pasta
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil in a stockpot.
- Combine all the ingredients except the penne and butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Drop the penne into the boiling water and parboil for 4 minutes. Drain well in a colander and add to the ingredients in the mixing bowl, tossing to combine.
- Divide the pasta mixture among 6 shallow ceramic gratin dishes (1 1/2 to 2-cup capacity). Dot with the butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, 7 to 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by GeorgiaRaby and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note