Penne with Crisp Prosciutto, Zucchini, and Corn
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 8 slice(s) prosciutto
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup(s) corn kernels
- 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese or pecorino romano
- 3 tablespoon(s) mint, finely chopped
- 1 pound(s) penne pasta
- 2 tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar
- pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, put 2 Tbs. oil and the prosciutto in a large (12-inch) skillet, place over medium heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the prosciutto browns in places and becomes crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer the prosciutto to a large plate lined with paper towels.
- Add 1 Tbs. oil and the onion to the skillet, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens completely and turns light brown, about 6 minutes; add 1 or 2 Tbs. water to the skillet if the onion starts to stick or burn. Add the zucchini and corn, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt, and cook, tossing occasionally, until the zucchini becomes tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in half the Pecorino-Romano and all the mint.
- Add the penne to the pot of boiling water and cook according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and then drain the pasta. Add the pasta, the remaining 2 Tbs. oil, the vinegar, and 1 tsp. black pepper to the skillet with the zucchini and corn mixture. Set the skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 1 minute so the pasta mixes with the vegetables. Add the reserved pasta water and stir. Serve sprinkled with the crisp prosciutto and the remaining Pecorino-Romano.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Vixxenesque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Penne with Crisp Prosciutto, Zucchini, and Corn Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes