Penne with creamy pesto sauce
Community Recipe from
- 16 ounce(s) penne pasta uncooked
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) fresh asparagus thick - cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 8 ounce(s) slice fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup(s) onion thinly sliced
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 cup(s) pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) pesto
- 1 package(s) frozen peas
- 1.Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still slightly firm, about 11 minutes; drain.
- 2.Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook and stir
- asparagus, peas, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and 1/2 cup pine nuts until the
- asparagus are tender, about 8 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- 3.Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and stir in flour and 1 teaspoon salt until smooth. Slowly whisk in milk until thoroughly combined, bring to a simmer, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer sauce, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- 4.Remove sauce from heat and whisk in prepared pesto. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 5.Pour pesto sauce into skillet with asparagus mixture; gently stir in penne pasta until thoroughly combined. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon pine nuts to serve
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SueDsd and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes