Penne with creamy pesto sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 16 ounce(s) penne pasta uncooked
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) fresh asparagus thick - cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 8 ounce(s) slice fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup(s) onion thinly sliced
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 cup(s) pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) pesto
- 1 package(s) frozen peas
- 1.Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still slightly firm, about 11 minutes; drain.
- 2.Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook and stir
- asparagus, peas, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and 1/2 cup pine nuts until the
- asparagus are tender, about 8 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- 3.Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and stir in flour and 1 teaspoon salt until smooth. Slowly whisk in milk until thoroughly combined, bring to a simmer, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer sauce, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- 4.Remove sauce from heat and whisk in prepared pesto. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 5.Pour pesto sauce into skillet with asparagus mixture; gently stir in penne pasta until thoroughly combined. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon pine nuts to serve
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SueDsd and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note