Penne With Chicken, Spinach, and Tomatoes With Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 (14.5-ounce) box BARILLA PLUS Penne
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups (3 ounces) firmly packed fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups seeded and chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1. Sauté chicken in 1 tablespoon hot olive oil in a medium skillet 5 to 6 minutes or until done.
- 2. Whisk together vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in 6 tablespoons olive oil until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Spread pasta in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Let cool 10 minutes.
- 4. Toss together pasta, chicken, vinegar mixture, spinach, and remaining 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, or, if desired, cover and chill 1 hour before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This