Penne with Grilled Chicken and Vodka Sauce
This restaurant favorite is usually made with bucket-loads of heavy cream and butter. We opted to use a little olive oil and half-and-half (lighter than cream), which still gives you a wonderful, creamy texture.
Resistant Starch: 1g
More From Health
Total: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 360
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Sugars: 7g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sodium: 206mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced (1 cup)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (26-ounce) low-sodium can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups cooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3 (4-ounce) grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, 6-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- 2. Add tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, vodka, and crushed red pepper, then bring to a boil.
- 3. Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce reduces slightly, about 10 minutes.
- 4. Add half-and-half, and cook until sauce reduces, 5 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 5. Place 2/3 cup pasta in a bowl and top with 1/2 cup vodka sauce.
- 6. Arrange 2 ounces grilled chicken on top of pasta and garnish with chopped basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes