- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced (1 cup)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (26-ounce) low-sodium can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups cooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3 (4-ounce) grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- calories 360
- fat 6.3 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 2.8 g
- polyfat 1 g
- cholesterol 52 mg
- protein 25 g
- carbohydrate 39 g
- sugars 7 g
- fiber 4 g
- sodium 206 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, 6-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
Add tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, vodka, and crushed red pepper, then bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce reduces slightly, about 10 minutes.
Add half-and-half, and cook until sauce reduces, 5 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
Place 2/3 cup pasta in a bowl and top with 1/2 cup vodka sauce.
Arrange 2 ounces grilled chicken on top of pasta and garnish with chopped basil.