This is really good. I used cooking sherry. I, like one of the previous reviewers, recommend extra salt. I used boullion cubes and it could have still used a little more salt. Other than that is was excellent.
Penne with Chicken & Broccoli
More From I Can't Believe Its Not Butter!®
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3/4 lb.), cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz.) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook penne according to package directions adding broccoli during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain and keep warm.
Meanwhile, combine flour and, if desired, ground black pepper. Dip chicken in flour mixture, coating well.
Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch skillet over medium heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in wine, scraping up brown bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons Spread. Toss chicken mixture with hot penne and broccoli. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories 480, Calories From Fat 120, Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 14g, Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 740mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g, Sugars 3g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Protein 34g, Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 110%, Calcium 20%, Iron 20%
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes