Penne with Bacon, Cheese, and Tomato
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 243
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 13.3g
- Carbohydrate: 31.2g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 375mg
- Calcium: 256mg
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4 center-cut bacon slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach (3 cups packed)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2. While pasta cooks, place flour in a small bowl, and gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended.
- 3. Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in pan; crumble bacon, and set aside. Add garlic to drippings in pan; sauté 30 seconds. Add milk mixture, and cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat; add Gruyère, salt, and pepper, stirring until cheese melts.
- 4. Drain pasta. Combine pasta, cheese sauce, crumbled bacon, basil, spinach, and tomatoes; toss. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note