I served this cold for a picnic w the kids. It was a hit w all four of our children and our friends kids as well! I added chopped onion and they didn't even notice. Lol. Will make again at their request!
Penne with Tuna, Capers and Beans
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
Yield: Serves: 4
Cost per Serving: $1.48
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 611
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 80g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Sodium: 869mg
- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounces penne
- 1 5-oz. can tuna packed in oil, not drained
- 1 15 1/2-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Several fresh basil leaves, torn into large pieces
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 11 minutes or as package label directs.
- 2. Put tuna and oil from can into a small heatproof bowl and gently flake with a fork. Add beans, capers and lemon juice. Stir to combine, taking care not to crush beans. Ladle in 1/2 cup of boiling water from pot with pasta.
- 3. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add tuna mixture and olive oil; toss gently. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan, top with basil and serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note