I served this cold for a picnic w the kids. It was a hit w all four of our children and our friends kids as well! I added chopped onion and they didn't even notice. Lol. Will make again at their request!
Penne with Tuna, Capers and Beans
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 611
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 80g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Sodium: 869mg
- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounces penne
- 1 5-oz. can tuna packed in oil, not drained
- 1 15 1/2-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Several fresh basil leaves, torn into large pieces
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 11 minutes or as package label directs.
- 2. Put tuna and oil from can into a small heatproof bowl and gently flake with a fork. Add beans, capers and lemon juice. Stir to combine, taking care not to crush beans. Ladle in 1/2 cup of boiling water from pot with pasta.
- 3. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add tuna mixture and olive oil; toss gently. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan, top with basil and serve warm.
This recipe was previously published in All You, Back to School Special, July 2013.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes