Delicious, used one can of regular diced tomatoes and the other with garlic roasted. Everyone loved it!
Penne with Spinach and Sausage
Add Penne with Spinach and Sausage to your menu this week. It'll be a hit with your family, a winner for busy nights—it's ready in just under 25 minutes, and we sneak in some baby spinach for extra nutrition.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 619
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 64g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Sodium: 1238mg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound penne
- 1 pound sweet or hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook penne until al dente, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until no longer pink, stirring to break up chunks, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring. Stir in tomatoes with juice, basil and oregano. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- 3. Add pasta to skillet, stirring to combine. Add spinach. Cook until just wilted, stirring once or twice. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle cheeses over pasta. Toss once and serve, passing additional Parmesan on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note