Penne Rosa with Shrimp
by Cassie Johnston
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 pinch(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounce(s) buttom mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 pound(s) medium tomatoes chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cup(s) fresh spinach
- 10 ounce(s) medium raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup(s) marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) 0% plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 1. Cook penne according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet with a lid, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add in garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for 2 minutes or until garlic begins to soften.
- 3. Add in mushrooms, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to release their water.
- 4. Turn heat up to medium-high and add in shrimp. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and opaque. Remove from heat, add in spinach and cover skillet. Let spinach wilt for 2 minutes.
- 5. Remove lid and place skillet back over low heat. Add the penne, Greek yogurt and pasta sauce. Stir until sauce is mixed well and all pasta and veggies are coated. Heat until just warmed through. Divide into pasta bowls and serve topped with parmesan cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Penne Rosa with Shrimp Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes