- 12 ounces dry penne pasta, uncooked (12 oz = 3 cups)
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef or ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 large = about 1 cup)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz each) Hunt's Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup water
- PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 cups = 12 oz)
How to Make It
Hands On: 20 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
Preheat oven to 350F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
Brown meat with onions in large skillet; drain. Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, the tomato paste and water; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
Spray 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Drain pasta; place in large bowl. Add tomato mi- x ture and 2 cups of the cheese; toss to coat. Spoon into prepared dish; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 cup cheese.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted.