This was really good and I even made it without cream cheese because I didn't have any. My husband loved it and I felt good that it's somewhat healthier than typical baked pasta due to the chicen and spinich and lower amounts of cheese.
Three-Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta Bake
Yield: 4 servings, 2 cups each
- 1-1/2 cups multi-grain penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) fresh spinach leaves
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jar (14 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 2 ounces (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding spinach to the boiling water for the last minute.
- MEANWHILE, cook and stir chicken and basil in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 3 min. Stir in tomatoes and spaghetti sauce; bring to boil. Simmer on low heat 3 min. or until chicken is done. Stir in Neufchatel.
- DRAIN pasta mixture; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella; pour into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray.
- BAKE 20 min. or until heated through; top with remaining cheeses. Bake 3 min. or until mozzarella is melted.
- Kraft Kitchens Tips
Serve with CRYSTAL LIGHT Iced Tea.SubstituteIf watching sodium, prepare using no-salt-added diced tomatoes and 1-1/2 cups of your favorite lower-sodium spaghetti sauce.
Substitute an 8-inch square baking dish for the 2-qt. casserole.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Three-Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta Bake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes